Sharp Edge Orifice and Equivalent Diameter (ED)
Sharp Edge Orifice
Sharp Edge (SE) orifices known also as Equivalent Diameters have length/diameter (L/D) ratio significantly lower than Equivalent Channels. The orifices are encapsulated in stainless steel housing. These products are assembled using advanced micro-fabrication technologies.
Geometric definition of leak tightness – Simple and Unambiguous Specification. Independent of test type, location, temperature, pressure and test fluid!
Each orifice is supplied with:
- A filter
- A calibration certificate, NIST traceable
- ¼” Swagelok female connection
Independent pressure tank is required for stand alone orifices, with controlled pressure range.
- Leak flow is measured in actual cc/min or mm3 /min, pressure is in absolute pressure psia. Both are measured upstream (inlet) of the orifice.
- Flow rate and orifice sizes are for reference only. Actual value may change from orifice to orifice.
- The enclosed data shall not be used for vacuum applications.
Consult ATC, Inc. ME2 Specifications for vacuum applications.