Equivalent Channel (EC)
The Equivalent Channel is a geometric definition of leak tightness. This simple and clear specification is the basis of multiple automotive standards such as the FORD Fuel Specification and SAE Standards as well as other industry standards.
From many years of experience, our engineers have found that geometric definition is the most reliable way to define your product’s leak test integrity requirements.
Equivalent channels meet the requirements of US-CAR, SAE J2045, SAE J2587, & SAE J2973 for US-CARB LEV II + PZEV, EURO-5 Hydrocarbon Emission Standards and Major OEM Leak Tightness Specifications. The Equivalent Channel should be used as your CALIBRATED LEAK due to its unique flow response properties.
- Equivalent Channel Standard (ECS)
- Equivalent Channel Device (ECD)
These products are available and are assembled using advanced micro-fabrication technologies. The ECD/ECS are constructed from Silica (glass) and encapsulated in stainless steel housing. Our unique manufacturing process ensures a uniform and smooth bore.
- 1.0 — Leak flow is measured in actual cc/min, pressure in absolute pressure psia. Both are measured upstream (inlet) to the orifice.
- 2.0 — Flow rate and EC sizes are used for reference only. Actual value may change from EC to EC.
- 3.0 — The enclosed data is not applicable to vacuum applications.