Analyze Your Application
There are several criteria that determine which leak testing technology method and process is best for your individual application. The following questionnaire should give you an idea which questions need to be answered to determine the perfect solution for you:
Question Group 1:
WHAT IS THE PART THAT NEEDS TO BE TESTED?
- What is the size and shape of the part?
- What material is the part made of?
- Is something inside and what is it?
- Which pressure / vacuum level can the part resist or shall be tested at?
- Is there a free volume inside the part?
Question Group 2:
HOW CAN THE PROCESS BE DESCRIBED?
- What is the desired sample rate / cycle time?
- What is the desired grade of automation?
- Is automatic loading and unloading possible?
- Which level of documentation is needed?
- Which process steps are made before and after the test?
Question Group 3:
WHAT SHALL THE PART BE TESTED FOR?
- Leak rate or functional specification?
- Specific industry standard that needs to be met?
- Leak location needed or global test only?
- Desired test direction? (inside out / outside in)
Question Group 4:
HOW IS THIS PART TESTED TO DATE?
- Is there a present test method?
- What shall be improved in regards to the current test method?
Question Group 5:
WHAT IS THE TIME SCALE FOR NEXT STEPS?
- Are there any project timelines?
- Is there something else that needs to be considered?
And last but not least…
What is the budget for your test process?
These are the key components to determining the optimal process for your specific leak testing application. Our application experts are looking forward to going over these questions with you in order to make an individual recommendation for your optimal test process as well as help you with the integration of these items (and if applicable the needed certification – e.g. GMP for pharma applications).